- Business Attorney
- Estate Planning
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Brigham Young University, Bachelor of Science, 2003
- Southern Utah University, Masters of Science, 2015
- Case Western Reserve University, Juris Doctor, 2006
- Brigham Young University, Master of Accountancy – Tax, 2006
Licenses & Bar Admissions:
- Utah Supreme Court
- US District Court
- Certified Public Accountant
- Utah State Bar Association
- Utah Tax Bar
- Utah State Bar Estate Planning Section
- Utah Association of Certified Public Accountants
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Hot Assets and Deemed Debt Distributions, The Journal Entry – Utah Association of Certified Public Accountants, July 2015.
- Understanding the IRC §754 Election, Wealthcounsel Quarterly – Wealth Counsel, September 2015.
- CPAs as Trust Protectors, The Journal Entry – Utah Association of Certified Public Accountants, January 2016.
Elliot has extensive legal, tax and business experience having worked with an international accounting firm in both its federal tax and mergers and acquisition practices as well as with several law firms. Throughout his career he has had the opportunity to work with a diverse clientele ranging from billion dollar companies to professional athletes and has gained significant experience dealing with complex client issues. Such experience has allowed him to gain a strong reputation among attorneys and accountants across the Wasatch Front, and he frequently provides consultation for tax and legal professionals on wide variety of complex tax issues. Elliot represents both businesses and individuals.
In his spare time, Elliot enjoys spending time with his family, biking, watching movies, snowshoeing, and fly fishing.
Elliot is married to Rachel and they have two children. They currently live in South Jordan Utah.
If you have questions regarding your business or find yourself in a tax issue, or would like to make sure your business or estate planning is in order, contact Elliot at (801) 495-4104 or Elliot@pearsonbutler.com. Additional information can be learned about Elliot at www.slctaxattorney.com.
We are Utah’s premier legal team with locations in Salt Lake, Davis, and Sevier Counties. We service Clients in South Jordan, West Jordan, Riverton, Draper and across all of Utah. We have highly-trained lawyers who excel in their specific areas of law: Adoption, Bankruptcy, Business Law, Criminal Defense, Divorce, DUI, Employment Law, Estate Planning, Family Law, Healthcare Law, Immigration, Intellectual Property, IRS Tax, Patent Law, Tax Law, Worker’s Comp